Azerbaijan University declares a COMPETITION for THE BEST SCIENTIFIC WORK of STUDENT on the subject of GREEN ENERGY FOR A HEALTHY WORLD jointly with the State Agency for Alternative and Renewable Energy Sources of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The competition serves to reveal and shape the creative and intellectual potential of students, masters, doctoral and dissertants, to discover and stimulate their creativity. The main purpose of the competition is to attract young people to science, technology and innovation, to search for solutions of the global scientific problems, and to broaden their academic knowledge as an important value of society.
The competition is held in the following profiles:
- Alternative and renewable energy and its storage (wind, solar-heat, hydrogen, biomass, biogas, marine systems, hydrogen, etc.)
- Energy saving, management and efficiency (energy management, power grids, energy production systems, energy saving devices, alternative engines)
- Energy management, energy savings in transport, ordinary and alternative fuels (alternative fuels, hybrid vehicles, alternative transportation systems, alternative engines)
- Energy, science, technology and society (legal frameworks and governance bodies, financial schemes and programs - international, regional and local, climate change, meteorology, eco tourism, ecology and development)
- Sustainable energy systems and intelligent networks
The competition will be held in two stages
- I Stage (part-time) February 1, 2018 – February 10, 2018
- II Stage (full-time) February 15, 2018 – March 1, 2018
The best scientific works are selected in the first stage to participate in the II stage. Results of the first stage will be posted on the website of the competition.
Participants who pass to the II stage will present their scientific works before the commission. Each participant is given 20 minutes. The development of presentation and its introduction to the audience will be evaluated.
Evaluation criteria of the works by commission:
- The relevance and innovation of the work
- Originality of the approach to research
- Depth and innovation of research
- Compliance and substantiation of received results
- Theoretical and practical significance of the work done
- Preparation of the presentation, use of interactive materials during performance
All participants will be provided with certificates.
The final decision and the awarding ceremony will be held at the Azerbaijan University on March 15, 2018.
The winners will be awarded I, II and III degree diplomas, prizes and money awards.
- I Place – 800 manat
- II Place – 600 manat
- III Place – 400 manat
Scientific leaders and advisers of winner works will also be awarded.
The winner works will be published in the scientific journal “Ipek yolu” (Silk Road), which is included in the AAK list.
Development and structure of work
The work to be submitted to the competition is to be in Azerbaijani (in Russian in exceptional cases) and is to cover the titles, essays, entries, main sections, conclusion and list of used literature. The volume of the work can range from 12 to 30 pages in A4 format. Name, surname, other name of the participant, educational institution, chosen direction, name of work, information about the leader (name, surname, othetr name, academic degree, academic name) should be written in the title sheet. The table of contents should reflect the main sections and headings. The relevance of the chosen topic should be justified in the introductory part, its object and a method of research is to be oriented. The main part should fully cover the chosen direction and subject matter, as well as reflect the obtained results. The author's conclusions should be based on the findings and recommendations in the conclusion.
- Misrosoft Word format
- 3 cm from left, 2 cm from right, top, bottom
- Font- Times New Roman -14
- Line spacing -1,5
- Paragraph size – 0,7
Those wishing to participate in the contest can forward their work to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the completed APPLICATION FORM until 31 January 2018
If you have any questions regarding the competition you can contact the Department of Science of Azerbaijan University.
Baku city, Nasimi district
Jeyhun Hajibayli, 71
Department of Science
Tel: (+994 12) 431 41 12 (ext. 160), (+994) 50 500 23 81