Program code: 050206
Group on entrance exam: III
Program duration and format: 4 years/ 8 semester, full time
Language of instruction: Azerbaijani
Required credits: 240
Awarded Degree: Bachelor
Tuition fee: 2500 AZN
History course, at Azerbaijan University, is taught by the department of Social sciences. It is prepared the personnel mastering the course at a high level of professionalism. The influential professors and experts in this field are involved for the implementation of the lessons and practices on the subjects specified in the curriculum and for the scientific research.
The bachelor preparation over this course is implemented in the form of lecture, classes (laboratory), seminars, a tutorial, independent task, practice and so on. It is used a briefing, interview, interactive training, independent task, discussion, round table, illustration, researching, laboratory, practical work, and other methods during the teaching process.
The teaching process of the course is especially focused on the study of the main causes and consequences of historical events; the main stages and chronology; the history of various civilizations and regions and historical figures; main features of historical development of the history and historical knowledge; system of international relations, international relations and organizations, their operational mechanism and role in international relations; world nations, their origin, accommodation areas, the main features of the material and spiritual culture; modern state and prospects of historical studies of Azerbaijan and world history.
Students periodically go excursions to become visually acquainted with the ancient human settlements of Azerbaijan, historical sites, museums, historical monuments, etc. reflecting different periods of the country history and participate in master classes periodically conducted by prominent historians. The material-technical base and teaching staff are mobilized to build-up students not just as professional historians, but also as mature citizens.
It is taken into consideration as well as the practical and pedagogical training. Students pass probation, according to the contract, in relevant institutions and organizations, etc. and as well as at secondary schools situated in Baku.
The graduates of this course gain the following knowledge and skills:
- Goals and objectives of history course, its relation with other subjects and prospective;
- Notions and terms related to the course and implementation;
- Be ready for the intercultural dialogue;
- Be able to access Azerbaijan culture and its place in the world culture and civilization;
- Perfectly know the history of Azerbaijan by periods ;
- Be able actively participate in the solution of the difficult problems of Azerbaijan with their knowledge, skills and gain professional skills;
- The stages of the development of human history (ancient history, medieval history and modern history); general history of separate regions (the history of Near and Middle East, Africa and Asian countries, etc.);
- The history of the development of history science and historical knowledge, the basics of working with historical sources and archival documents;
- Be able to learn and convey the origin and cultural heritage of Turkish nations as well as the Azerbaijan Turks comprehensively;
- Rules of the organization of archives and storage of documents in archival funds;
- Be able to use archival documents and various historical sources correctly and easily.
The graduates of this course can work in governmental administration departments, universities, scientific research institutions, archives, museums, at secondary schools in accordance with the existing rules, exploration centre of Azerbaijan history, different educational and cultural institutions and organizations, etc. and continue their education in master programs according to their specialty.
Knowledge and skills on the course is taught through the following subjects:
- Azerbaijan History
- Basics of Ethnography
- The history of ancient East
- Medieval History
- New History
- Modern History
- History of Middle East countries
- History of Turkish nations
- History of Slavic countries
- Antique history
- History of Caucasus
- Historical demography
- History of international relations
- History of languages
- Teaching methods of history
Class Schedule of History available HERE.