Welcome to the webpage of the School of Business and Economics!
Undergraduate and graduate programs applied in the School of Business and Economics at Azerbaijan University promote business knowledge and competence.
Lessons are held in the Azerbaijani and English language for Azerbaijani and English medium education respectively. Regardless of the language used, the programs are based on comprehensive approach as well as the principes of mobility, choice, flexibility, innovation and results orientation.Teaching is conducted both by western-trained local business professionals and foreign teachers.English program curriculum, syllabi, quality and experience are applied in Azerbaijan medium teaching. Moreover, local business specialists instructing their subjects in Azerbaijani can teach the same disciplines in English.
Creating group sizes significantly smaller that in other universities allows maintaining high level of education by means of coaching and other advanced techniques. These include finding solutions to real life problems encountered by companies (situation analyses and casestudies), which is the basis of contemporary business education.
Another distinguishing feature is a program approach. That means a curriculum has been designed which enables a school student to grow into a business specialist.
Undergraduate and graduate programs of the School of Business and Economics are disigned to help students acquire practical skills and advance in their careers, which would allow them to gain a leading position in business.
The content of each course is revised and improved every term so as to adapt the changing skills required by leading firms.
As a result, in their third year of studies our students are able to find employment in leading enterprises.
Departments functioning within the school
- Department of Finance and Economics
Undergraduate degree specialties taught by the school
- Accounting and Audit (En., Az.)
- Finance (En., Az.)
- Management (En., Az.)
- Marketing (En., Az.)
- World Ecomomics (En., Az,)
- Economics (En., Az.)
- State and Municipal Management (Az.)
- Business Administration (En., Az.)
- Commerce (Az.)
Specialties taught at MBA program
- Business organization and management (on financial area )
- Business organization and management (on marketing area)
- Business organization and management (on tax area)
- Business organization and management (on accounting area)
- Goshgar Ganvoy Garayev – Depuyt dean
- Isa Yadigar Huseynov – Assistant dean
- Asmar Elshan Nusratli – Tutor
- Saadat Vali Hajiyeva - Tutor
Contact the school
Tel.: (+994 12) 431 41 12 /13/16/17 (137)