Welcome to the homepage of the School of Humanities!
The School of Humanities together with Azerbaijan University has been operating simultaneously since 1991. The primary purpose of the schoolis to implement the educational process on relevant majors. Since its foundationthe faculty, which meets the modern requirements, builds students with a professional skills and intellectual potential, and actively participates in the social life of the university.
Cultural and individual development of students is always in the focus of attention of the school staff.
- Preparation of specialists over the various educational fields;
- Training of students on relevant fields in theoretical and practical basis;
- Building the new generation of specialits in the field of scientific-theoretical methodology;
- Developing student’s knowledge and skills in the field of innovative technologies;
- Nurturing students who not only can gain success in educational process, but also be successful, creative, dynamic, devoted to national values;
- One of the duties of the school is to teach professional ethic.
The School of Humanities offers following specialties:
- Azerbaijan Language and Literature Teacher
- Philology (Azerbaijan Language and Literature)
- English Language Teacher
- Translation (English Language)
- History Teacher
The School consists of following departments:
- Department of Azerbaijan Language and Literature
- Department of Public Sciences
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Safar Ahmad Mammadov- Dean
- Gunay Arif Ismayilova – Deputy dean
- Aytan Idris Jafarova – Dean assistant